Farmers Branch is a city in Dallas County, Texas, United States. It is an inner-ring suburb of Dallas and is part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. Farmers Branch is known as a “City in a Park” for its 28 parks in only 12 square miles. The community was first settled in the early 1850s. In 1842, Thomas Keenan, Isaac B. Webb, and William Cochran received original land grants in the area.
By 1843, a community called Mustang Branch had been established. Mr. Cochran later changed the name to Farmers Branch to reflect the area’s rich soil and farmland. Farmers Branch was incorporated as a city after an election was held on February 23, 1946. The implementation of city services began immediately after incorporation.